Our little guy turned 4 on Saturday. I can not believe that I have a 4 year old. He is growing up too fast! He started his birthday weekend by going to see Transformers 2 with Tommy on Friday morning. He was so excited to be going with just his daddy. Caleb was beyond excited for his birthday and he chose a dinosaur theme this year, big shock. I did not let him see or know anything that was going on so it was all a big surprise to him. He had heard me talking about his birthday for a few weeks and knew it was coming up but I don't think he really got it was his birthday until the day of. I always decorate the house the night before. Caleb woke up and came in our bed, not remembering what day it was, he laid their for several minutes before I turned to him and said Happy Birthday. He shot up and said,"Are you serious?" He jumped up and ran down the hall to see all the decorations and balloons. We could hear him from our room saying "Are you kidding me....Are you serious??" He ran back and gave me a HUGE hug and proceeded to thank me for the decorations. I think he would have been content with just that. Caleb had requested waffles and bacon for breakfast, so that is what he got. After breakfast we let him open his presents from us and Grandma and Grandpa in California so that he would have time to play with them before his party. I am not sure who was more excited about the presents..Tommy or Caleb. Tommy decided it was time to introduce him to some G.I. Joe's, along with his dinosaurs and transformers. He spent the morning playing with all of his new toys. I headed to my moms to get ready for his party. I had so much fun putting together his dinosaur theme. Caleb was so excited to finally see it all. He loved the dinosaur tracks and kept telling everyone that the dinosaurs had been there :) Caleb wanted to stick with all his family and cousins this year for his party so that is who we invited. We once again had a pool party at my parents pool. It ended up being a wonderful day. We had thunderstorms and some rain up until the hour before his party and then it was sunny and hot. Caleb swam for the first little while and then snuck off to play with some of the dinosaur decorations while everyone else swam, I said why not, it is his day right? Thank you to all who came to support Caleb on his big day. He was SO happy to have everyone there. He LOVES his cousins, aunts, uncles and grandma and grandpa. After the party he wanted kids meals for dinner and wanted to stay at Grandma & Grandpas house to eat them. Grandpa had bought a big firework fountain that we did after dinner for his birthday along with some pop its and sparklers. Caleb had a wonderful birthday and thanked us all day with hugs and kisses for his awesome dinosaur party. Mommy, Daddy and Bailey love you so much! We are so blessed and lucky to have you in our family. You are such a joy and have such an incredible memory and imagination. I love watching you learn and grow. I am so honored to be your mom. We love you peanut!!!
Some of Caleb's Favorites:
Food - Hot dogs, Gogurts, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Mac and Cheese, Grapes, Strawberries, Bananas with Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Chocolate Pop tarts, Popcorn and of course fruit snacks.
Shows- Special Agent Oso, Dino Squad, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Animal Planet or Discovery Channel documentaries.
Movies - Dinosaur, BYU highlight videos, Transformers, and still any Disney movie.
Activities - Caleb loves to paint, play with and make play doh, loves to read and go to the library, go swimming, go to the ballpark to watch daddy play, watch and attend BYU football games, play with his dinosaurs, he loves to bake and dance with me in the kitchen, play "college football " and his latest interest Bakugan's.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a FUN DAY. he's soo cute. your the funnest mommy ever...
Four!!! Yikes! That means Tissi is just a few months behind. They grow up so fast! Looks like a great party and one happy little boy.
we really should get our kids together to play. bray and caleb love the same things. sounds like he had a very happy birthday. what nice parents.
i knew megan from jr. high too. then she went to orem high and i saw her again at BYU for college. plus, she married a guy from hawaii and i would see her at different parties. our hubbies like to golf together and we try to get together with them every once in awhile. she's on her fourth now. still looks great!
Post a Comment