Sunday, July 5, 2009

Parade

We decided to attempt the parade, main reason was cause the boys wanted to see the jets and for the first time they did not have a fly over. What was that about?? Oh well. We just went the morning of and got a spot. Colby and Jamie were the first ones there and found a great spot right on 8th and University. It rained for a bit but it felt good. We stayed until the BYU float and then took off early, as we were all hot and tired. We beat all the traffic and the kids were satisfied with what they saw. The last two years we have opted out of the parade and just done a big breakfast, I think we might go back to that. It has just gotten so crazy for a parade. It was still fun but just makes for a long, hot day for the kids. We spent the rest of the day, I am sure like everyone else, swimming, barbecuing, doing a little Sing Star and of course fireworks.



My little cuties The boys playing with their Bakugon

Caleb and Nate


My little "firecracker"
Emmie with donuts in hand

Me and my boy


Caleb's favorite float

2 comments:

The Fam said...

Wow! Looks like so much fun! Can we hang out with you guys next 4th of July? Ours are usually kinda lame even though I love the holiday. :)

Craig Smith said...

I need to get copies of all your photos. I love seeing all the kiddos together.