Sunday, January 18, 2009

Walking With Dinosaurs

Caleb absolutely LOVES dinosaurs!! He loves reading books about dinosaurs, playing with dinosaurs, acting like a dinosaurs....did I mention he LOVES dinosaurs. We saw a commercial for Walking with Dinosaurs several months ago and I looked online to get more information. Tickets were a little pricey so we debated for, well only for a few minutes. It looked so neat and Tommy and I were just as excited to go. We knew Caleb would love it and how many times do you get to see dinosaurs in the flesh. I quickly called Grandma and Grandpa to make sure they could watch Bailey and bought our tickets. I did this back in early November but waited to tell Caleb we were going until the week before. Man was that a LONG week. To hold him over I let him watch the making of the dinosaurs and clips of the show online. He would have sat in front of the computer 24/7 if I let him. Well the day finally arrived on Friday night and Caleb was SO SO excited. Daddy surprised Caleb by coming home with a brand new dinosaur shirt, that Caleb LOVED!!! Thanks Daddy. We then headed up to Salt Lake and stopped at a Wendy's first to have dinner with our little guy, he was anxious to get to the show and wondered why the dinosaurs weren't at Wendy's. As we waited for the show to start they had sounds and music playing and every once in a while you could hear a roar. Caleb would quickly yell to everyone around us that the dinosaurs were waking up. It was an awesome show and very educational! I learned a few new things myself. Caleb was so fascinated!! He couldn't take his eyes of the dinosaurs and he would let us know the names of every dinosaur before the narrator could tell us. Tommy was amazed because he didn't even know on some of them..lol. What can I say my little guy knows his dinos. It was a fun fun night out with our little man! I am so glad we went. He couldn't wait to get home and show Grandma and Grandpa his spinning dinosaur light and tell them all about the dinosaurs.





7 comments:

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. Glad Caleb was excited to go! How fun for him to have a date night with his parents.

ellemenopii said...

That is awesome that you guys do things just with him and it looks like you made some wonderful memories for him. So cute! You can see the excitement in his eyes! Such a sweet little guy!

Craig Smith said...

How fun - we wanted to take the boys when it was here in Houston but the dates didn't work. Glad you got to go! Dinosaurs Rule!!! BTW - cute hair Er!

Whitney said...

This looked like tons of fun. If we didn't have so many kids we might have gone!

Jamie said...

We are very jealous, that looked like a blast. My kids would have loved it! I'm so glad you guys had the opportunity to go and had so much fun!

stephanie said...

Thanks for posting the video clips of the show. The clips looked as cool as the previews for the show looked. That is so awesome that you could take Caleb. Dinos are pretty darn sweet!

Leo said...

bray got the same toy i think!