Monday, December 15, 2008

Sigh....

So I sit here frustrated, frustrated that at 28 I am once again feeling like a guinea pig, trying medicine after medicine that works for 9 out of 10 people or that everyone says works great, but for me, still no results. I am irritated that it is my favorite holiday and all I want to do is go look at Christmas lights with my kids and enjoy cuddle time with them and I had to cancel that trip on Friday. I hate that I had to lay on the couch or bed all weekend and pop pills every 3 to 4 hours with still little or no relief. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful that I am not dealing with "bigger issues" at hand and I know so many are struggling with greater health issues at this time so I am blessed and I am grateful. I just felt so good about feeling in control of my fibromyalgia and being "drug" free (except for a few here and there) for almost 5 years. I felt in control I felt "good". And now I am hit with severe migraines and having to start taking medicine constantly to feel "normal" and to function and having to keep switching from one to the next...Grrrr. I HATE this. I feel so bad for my poor husband, he has been SOOO great and all this right during finals. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH honey!!! And my poor kids, I will get back to wrestling with ya, I promise. Thanks for being patient with mommy...lol. And note to Caleb, Mommy's head is not going to open. This post is not to complain. I am just frustrated and need to vent. After all this is kinda like my journal and this is more for me then anyone. Ok, I feel better. Now off to lay down and hopefully go look at the lights tonight with the kiddos. Keep your fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh Erica! I am sorry to hear you are feeling yucky again. Hang in there! You are such a trooper. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Natasha Ireland said...

Hey sweetie. I'm so sorry your not feeling well. I don't know what I can do to help but I would LOVE to give you a massage if you think that would help at all (for free of course) SERIOUSLY. CALL ME. no joke.

stephanie said...

Erica, I love you. I am so sorry. I do pray for you. I want to take your kids for a couple "Aunt S get aways."

Leo said...

i'm so sorry you are feeling so bad. especially during the holidays. i didn't know you suffered from fibromyalagia. good thing we keep in touch better! i hope you feel better. it sucks not being able to take care of your kids when you want to. feel better! take car yourself.