Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Weekend in Saint George

Tommy and I were able to head down to Saint George last weekend for one of his softball tournaments. We left the kids with my parents. THANK YOU SO MUCH MOM AND DAD! Caleb couldn't wait to spend the weekend with them, he kept asking "Mommy, when are you and daddy leaving?" Nice to know we were gonna be missed:) The weather was not as nice as we would have hoped for but it wasn't snowing and it was still decent. We got there early afternoon and had to go to In N Out right away to get some dinner. It was really weird seeing and being in an In N Out in Utah, but I can get used to it. Yummy!!!! After we quick ran over to Tai Pan Trading before heading to the fields. Tommy played two games on Friday night and it was freezing. The wind picked up out of nowhere and never stopped blowing so it felt colder than it really was. My best friend Lil and I were struggling to hear each other and we were right next to each other. It was so much fun though to be at a tournament where I could actually sit and watch the whole game. I love softball!!! After the games we sat in a much needed hot tub with our good friends Mike, Lil and Horace to relax and thaw out. We were able to sleep in Saturday before they started playing again. It was much nicer on Saturday. No wind and sunshine. They got two more games in before being out. We didn't play the best the last game but it didn't help that the umps were HORRIBLE and that is not an understatement. It was a down right joke. We then went back to the hotel for a while before heading out to dinner. We then went back to the fields with our friends and watched a few more games and the championship game. Another night of hot tubbing and then back home on Sunday. It was such a fun and relaxing trip. It was so nice for Tommy and I to get away and spend some time together and hang out. Thanks again mom and dad. The kids had a blast!

3 comments:

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

We had such a fun time! Im so glad you were able to come this time. We have to do this more often!!! Although it would be better if the weather was a little warmer, the first night was horrible and felt like the coldest night we have had this winter. UG!!

stephanie said...

Does sound relaxing, Er. Did you find any fun things at Tai Pan? Bet that was weird for the first time at IN-N-OUT in Utah. Sorry about the wind and the horrible umps. Glad you could enjoy the games, though. Mom and Dad are awesome.

The Fam said...

How fun. Jared and I would love to live in St George some day. I do have to brag that we have an In-n-Out just around the corner from us here in CA. :)