Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday

I can't believe that my "baby" is 3 years old. It is scary to me how quickly the time flies by. It seems like just yesterday that we were on our way to the hospital to meet our beautiful little boy. Caleb is such a joy to our family. He has such a fun and loving personality. He keeps us laughing all the time and amazes us everyday with his knowledge. I am so proud to be his mom. I had so much fun with his birthday this year. He finally fully got it this year and was counting down to his birthday for a good month or so. He was so excited to finally wake up on Friday morning and see the house all decorated. He asked what it was for and he replied, "Is it Halloween?" (not quite sure where that came from). We then proceeded with a no it's your birthday and that erupted into a dance. He was so cute and thankful for everything all day long. I made his favorite cinnamon twists for breakfast and then he got to open a few presents before Tommy went off to work. Caleb ands I spent the day reading his new books and playing with his new Optimus Prime. That evening my parents came over to watch Bailey while Tommy and I too Caleb to see Wall-E, which we give two thumbs up. It was so fun to go out with Caleb and be able to just focus on him. On Saturday we had his big Transformer swimming party over at Grandma and Grandpa Greenes house. It was so much fun!! Even though it was hot, the water temperature was perfect. Caleb had so much fun!! We have got such great family and friend support. We love all you guys!! We could not believe everything that Caleb got and he had so much fun with everyone. It was so cute too, right before he started opening his presents he said,
"Um guys, I just want to thank you all for coming to my happy birthday party." So cute! I love my little guy. I had so much fun spoiling him and watching his cute little grin, not to mention all the hugs, kisses and thank yous that I received from him. Thanks to everyone who came and thank you Grandma and Grandpa for allowing us to invade. The yard and pool looked great! And Happy Birthday Caleb! Mommy, Daddy and Bailey love you so much! You have made the last 3 years so memorable and I am so honored to be your mom. Love you peanut!!



Some of Caleb's Favorites:

Food - Chicken Nuggets, Goldfish, Fruit, Mac and Cheese, Cookies, Oreo Ice Cream and Chocolate and Popcorn

Shows- American Gladiators, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins and Super Why

Movies - Transformers, Cars and really any Disney movie

Activities - Caleb loves to read, go swimming, go to daddy's softball games, play at the park, watch and attend BYU football games, play with his cars and transformers, help mommy bake, he loves taking bath and showers, he loves to dance and sing along to "his songs".

Caleb is so friendly and is constantly making new friends and then calling them "his guys".

6 comments:

Whitney said...

He is totally a Greene little guy! His super blonde hair reminds me so much of you when you were little. What a cutie! Looks like a fun party!

stephanie said...

It was so fun to be there. Happy Birthday, Caleb! We love you! The years do go by so quickly---just wait until you have one turning eleven!

Craig Smith said...

Happy Birthday again Caleb. That looked like some party! The boys wanted to be there so bad. But Nate said "don't worry mom - I can just invite him to mine" :) Wouldn't that be fun!!!

Jamie said...

I was so sad I couldn't make it too Caleb's party but Colby said he and the kids had a blast! It looked like a great party and Caleb's pictures were adorable. I love the one where he has such a big smile as he is holding up a present, so cute! Happy Birthday Caleb!

joywinn said...

Oh Erica,
Your babies are so stinkin' cute! I wish that we lived closer so that I could love on them!!!

The Framptons said...

Sounds like Calebs party was fun. Sorry my girls pick on Caleb when there together. :) Tommy will know what that means. We need to do something together when you get a chance.