I LOVE this time of year! The 4th is one of my favorite holidays. We had a very busy week leading up to the weekend and Caleb came down with the flu Wednesday night but we were still able to have a great 4th. We just relaxed in the morning and then headed over to my parents house along with my brother Colby and his family and my brother Kyle and his wife Heather to do some swimming and BBQ. It was a little overcast and a little cooler than what we would have liked but luckily the water was warm. I guess it was better than it being the 103 that they predicted. We decided instead of going down to the Stadium to watch the fireworks we would stick around for the annual Culdesac of Fire. The culdesac of fire was so fun (of course I didnt take my camera down and I was too lazy to go back and get it). Caleb and his cousin Devan had a great time! (Bailey was sound asleep) They participated in a few games that they had going on for the kids and then the show began. It was great. You kinda had to grow up in the neighborhood to enjoy all the entertainers but they had the Fire Dancers 550 South perform, we had our very own Riley May Virus and her back up dancers, and lets not forget the bobcat that held the grand finale fireworks. It was so much fun and Caleb loved all the fireworks! As soon as it ended we headed back down to my moms house just in time to go up on her deck and catch some of the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire. We finished off the weekend by going to the Arts Festival. It was a great weekend! I love the 4th and I am so grateful to all the men and women out there fighting for our freedom. God Bless You All!!!!
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Glad to see you guys had a great weekend! Sounded like a fun one.
We had a blast with you guys. Your kids were fun!!!
Missed seeing you guys on the 4th. I told Kristen Lee about your comments on the Culdesac of fire. Marrying into the family she thinks its pretty funny how they try to outdo themselves each year. Cute red, white, and blue clothes!
I am glad Caleb and Devan had so much fun together. It is so fun to see them playing more and more together as they get older!
Post a Comment