I thought it would take forever for the day to come to have a child old enough to enter 1st grade and be gone all day....well it didn't take forever. I had a lot of mixed emotions about this day. Caleb was so excited to be in 1st grade and be eating lunch at school and having two recesses :) And his excitement made me excited. It was at the same time a little sad to know that he would not be with me during the day. He has always been around so the thought of him spending more time with someone else then me during the day made me a little sad. We went to his school open house on Monday the 22nd and we feel in love with his teacher, Miss Richards. She had so much excitement and was so sweet. There were a few kids from Caleb's kindergarten class but not many. It didn't seem to bother Caleb though. That has always been something that I love about him, he makes friends so easily. After the open house we went to Zupas to celebrate the start of a new school year. Caleb didn't eat much, including his chocolate covered strawberry, which never happens. He had been fighting a cough for a few days and I had taken him in earlier in the day to make sure he didn't have anything before school started. The Dr listened to his chest and said it appeared to just be a cough and was fine to start school. However, when he didn't eat much we worried that he might not really be feeling "ok". Caleb had a very rough night that night, coughing non stop and getting very little sleep. I knew there was no way he was going to be able to go to his first day of school. He was wiped in the morning and looked horrible. I was so bummed that he was going to miss his first day and miss out on all the 1st day stuff. I called his Dr and they sent us for X-rays. We had just walked into the house from getting the x-rays when the Dr called us and said it showed the early signs of pneumonia :( We went and got a prescription. Luckily we caught it early and he only missed his first two days. He was begging me to go to school on Thursday and he was acting better and was no longer contagious. His teacher was amazing and made sure he felt like he had not skipped a beat. I was so anxious all day to hear about how his first day went. He LOVED it!!! Miss Richards came out with him to let me know that he did great and did not seem to be phased by missing the first two days. He could not wait to go back the next day. I was so happy to see that he had a great first day! We love you buddy and here's to a great school year!
We snapped a few pics, you can tell he still wasn't 100% but dang is he cute! I love how is bag is still so much bigger than him :)



We snapped a few pics, you can tell he still wasn't 100% but dang is he cute! I love how is bag is still so much bigger than him :)

No comments:
Post a Comment