Can I get a YEEEHAW!? Tommy and I decided to take the kids to the Strawberry Days Rodeo on Thursday night. We invited my parents and my brother Colby and his wife and kids decided to come along too at the last minute. We had a BLAST! It was such a nice night out and the kids loved it! Caleb was very anxious to see the bulls and Bailey was upset when she could not run out to the horses. We got the front row since the bleachers weren't ideal for kids, we were worried about them falling through. It was the perfect place to sit. We could see everything perfect and the little ones stood at the fence pretty much all night. The pre-rodeo entertainment was the Mutton Bustin'. This is one of my favorites, it cracks me up to see these little kids trying to ride the sheep. Some of them took some big falls but the majority "bounced" right back up. Another big highlight for us all was the Freestyle Motocross Exhibition. These guys were nuts and did some awesome tricks. Bailey is a little obsessed with motorcycles so she definitely enjoyed this and kept pointing to the sky and asking for more "cycles". I think everyone got up on their feet to watch these two guys. It was awesome! Then of course among many other things, were the Bull riders. Caleb was very excited about this. Those suckers were big. One of the riders actually lasted the 8 seconds. It was such a fun night and the kids did great for it lasting 3 1/2 hours. We love the rodeos and I think this will become a tradition for us each year. And of course everyone enjoyed some strawberries and cream.
Miss Bailey in her cowboy boots
Bailey stood their almost all night. It was so cute!
these kids who ran after it to get the money. It was madness.

2 comments:
Oh, what a fun night. And to think I was working through it all. Maybe next year we can join. I've been before and had a great time and Maddie has gone with friends. I like rodeos, too. Glad there was no rain and you had good seats. (The boots are cute on Bailey.)
Glad to hear you guys had a fun time at the rodeo. Im sure the kids loved it!
Post a Comment