Monday, October 20, 2008

Oktoberfest



This is a long running tradition in my family. Every October we get together and celebrate the Oktoberfest. This year we decided to combine it with my brother Colby's birthday and (dare I say) the BYU game. We had sooo much food. My camera was dying so I only got 2 pictures and it just does not do justice to the amount of food that we had. It is so much fun to once a year eat all sorts of different cheeses, meats, sauerkraut, etc. Dad even went all out and had some Apple strudel shipped in from a German bakery in Texas. All we were missing was the beer...maybe next year.

2 comments:

ellemenopii said...

How fun! Did your dad get the strudel from Fritz's BeerGarten? We have that bakery right by us in Rowlett. They are also a restaurant. Sounds like you guys had a good time!

Craig Smith said...

Dad should've flown us out to deliver the strudel :) I hated missing that. Glad you guys had fun (despite the BYU game turnout!)