Tuesday, November 23, 2010
A BIG DAY
Caleb had his first day of kindergarten today. I have had very mixed feelings about this day. Caleb has been so excited and that makes me excited for him but deep down I know I am starting to lose my "baby". I realize that it is only for a few hours a day but being my first baby, he has always been home and by my side. I think I am having a harder time realizing that next year he will be spending more time away from me then with me. But I will worry about that next year :) For now, I am grateful I still have him half the day :) The night before we laid out his new clothes and Tommy gave him a blessing. That morning he was up bright and early, I think he was a little anxious and excited at the same time. I made him ABC pancakes (poor attempt). Caleb was just anxious to get to school and wasn't too interested in eating. Tommy took part of the day off to be a part of his big day. We took him to school and he looked so cute lined up ready to go in. He wanted us to stay until they went in. I did pretty good until they started to walk in and Caleb turned around and gave me a big wave and smile, my heart ached a little. I couldn't wait to pick him up and see how his first day went. We decided to put Bailey in the stroller and walk to pick him up so we could have plenty of time on the way home to hear all about his first day. Caleb LOVED it!! He made friends right away and adjusted perfectly. He couldn't wait to go back the next day. A success. We let Caleb pick where he wanted to go for lunch to celebrate and he picked Pirate Island, so off we went. I am so proud and so excited for you Caleb! You are such a smart and fun little guy and I can't wait to see you grow and learn throughout the school year. Congrats peanut!







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment