Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Little Rest and Relaxation

We left Vegas on Sunday morning and headed to Southern California to spend a couple days at Tommy's parents house. His little brother Kyle just graduated from boot camp and airborne school and was allowed to come home for 3 weeks before being based in Hawaii. We were unable to attend his graduation in Georgia so we wanted to go out and spend sometime with him. It was so good to see him and spend some quality time. We are so proud of him and this process has really changed him. We planned a trip to Disneyland to experience Halloween time while we were out there (I will get pictures of that posted soon). This was a very relaxing vacation! We were able to play lots of games together, go shopping, go hot-tubbing, read, bowl and do some cooking. We even got a chance to get out and see a movie. It was so wonderful to have so much time with Tommy, the kids did not know what to do with so much daddy time :) They loved it, and so did I!!! The kids love being at Grandma and Grandpas and being in "their" rooms. We headed out on Saturday afternoon and stayed the night in Mesquite. The kids have loved all the hotel stays. It was so hot there, 102 degrees. We took advantage of swimming and enjoying one more day of family time. And man do I LOVE being with my little family!!!
The kids LOVE going out to the swing and swinging. The kids and I made pumpkin pie bites.
The finished productMaking Halloween Candy Necklaces
Tommy and I had a bet going on, Tommy barely won by 2 points.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

Looks so fun---family is everything. I really like bowling. We oughta make a date of it with our hubbies sometime. Can't wait for the Disneyland pics.

Heather and Kyle said...

Sounds like fun er!! Just think less than a year and we will be at disneyworld!!!

The Fam said...

You always make the cutest treats Eri. Love it!