Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tommy's 31st Birthday

Tommy turned 31 on the 18th. The day started off with birthday breakfast and opening presents. I made him IHOP style french toast with bacon. Later that morning Caleb, Bailey and I met up with him for the BYU football open practice. It was such a good day for football, the weather was perfect. The kids LOVED it and LOVED being with daddy. Tommy had some of his favorite candy and drinks to snack on. I came back home with the kids for naps while Tommy went back to work. Later that afternoon we went to the BYU Meet and Greet with all the different athletes. They had music, games, autographs, etc. Unfortunately I was still sick so we just hit Rumbi Island grill on the way home for dinner. We then came home and sang and had Tommy's favorite cake; Better Than Sex Cake. Caleb helped me make it the night before and had been anxiously waiting ALL day to have a piece. We hope you had a great day!! We love you so much and are so grateful for everything you do for us! You are the best daddy and a wonderful husband!

Tommy and I were able to finally go out last night to celebrate together (poor guy had a wife with pneumonia who couldn't get out of the house). Thanks mom and dad for watching the kids. We went up to Joe's Crab Shack and had some yummy seafood. We then went and saw Time Traveler's Wife and shared a Peanut Butter Cup Shake (my first sugar in 12 weeks). It was a fun evening with the hubby! Happy Birthday babe! I LOVE YOU!!!

Helping daddy open his belt buckle
Cheesin' it

3 comments:

stephanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tommy! We were thinking of you. Hope you got our message. Erica, I hope you are feeling better day by day.

Leo said...

just discovered rumbi's! glad you finally felt better enough to go out or dinner. happy birthday! sounds like your wife was on top of things even though she was sick. glad you are starting to feel better erica!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Looks like he had a great birthday. That cake does look yummy!!