After a rainy day on Saturday, Easter turned out to be a beautiful day! We woke up with the kids and they discovered their baskets. They were so excited about what the Easter bunny brought them. While the kids "investigated" their new toys, I started on breakfast. I made bunny cinnamon rolls. After breakfast we started getting ready for church. That was a bit of an adventure, Bailey did not get a nap in before church, there was a bit of excitement and well a bit of a sugar high so she was a little more fidgety during church. Tommy and I also started our new calling as nursery leaders. Now that was a different experience. It should be fun though! After church, Bailey got her long over do nap while I started on dessert for after dinner. We then headed over to my parents for dinner. My brother Kyle and his wife Heather joined us. Before dinner we had an Easter egg hunt with the kids since we were unable to do any the day before due to the rain. Caleb was so excited to go catch some eggs, as he kept saying. I wish I would have video recorded him this year. He was so funny with everything he kept saying and his pure excitement. Bailey wasn't a 100% sure what was really going on she picked up her first egg and started shaking it so hard that it broke open she saw chocolate and started eating. It was so funny. Aunt Heather helped her out and she had a full basket. Some of the eggs had capsules in them that you put in water and watched them "grow" into foam shapes of different animals and dinosaurs. This was a huge hit with Caleb!!! He was more than excited and spent almost the whole rest of the night watching those things turn into different foam shapes. We had a great dinner together and after dessert we played conversion. It was a long and busy day but we had a lot of fun!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad you guys a good Easter! The kids looked like they had alot of fun.
looks like a fun day. lucky kids. i love the cinnamon roll idea. so cute.
Those bunny rolls are fabulous! What dough did you use? I love Bailey and Caleb in their Easter outfits. They look so adorable and so handsome. Missed you guys for the holiday, but we had a very nice Easter, too.
Post a Comment