Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Valentine's Day 2011
The day before Valentine's I mustered up some energy to make these red velvet cake bites. They were not up to my standards but was not feeling very well so didn't care to take my time. They were still good though. On the morning of Valentine's I got Caleb out of bed to shower for school while I started breakfast, everyone else was still sleeping so it was kinda nice to have a little one on one time with my little man. He was so excited to come out and see the house all decorated. This years breakfast menu consisted of Cake Batter Pancakes which I made into hearts and of course added Valentine sprinkles too, along with Strawberry milk. The pancakes were really good and we will be making them again. I took Caleb to school and by then the rest of the crew was up and about so I finished up breakfast for them. Caleb was so excited about his party at school and could not wait to come home and show us all his valentine's. I love seeing how excited the kids get on a holiday. I also made goodie bags for the kids and my niece Josie who was still staying with us. I was still not feeling well so I dragged the poor kiddos with me to an appt. They were so good for me though. I ended up with bronchitis and pneumonia :( We came home and the kids dipped chocolate strawberries and played valentine's bingo while I tried to rest a little. We got a heart shaped pizza for dinner and ate by candle light with "bubble juice" as my kids call it. We enjoyed some cake bites and relaxed the rest of the night. It was kinda low key since I was not feeling well but I had a great day being with my sweetheart and the kids. We also woke up to someone "heart attacking" our front door. The kids thought that was awesome! So thanks to our mystery attackers!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yum! What a festive Valentine's Day! Hope you guys are all feeling better! I hate the lingering sickness's! Love ya
Sorry you were so sick. I'm amazed with how much you did while feeling crummy! You are super mom. Oh and I definitely need you to send me the cake batter pancake recipe. :)
It was a great day for my little Josie. Sorry you are sick. Thanks for all you did. Hope you've been able to rest. I need the pancake recipe too.
Post a Comment