Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Hippity, Hoppity
Our Easter morning started much earlier than I would have liked. Our sweet little Caleb decided to sneak out at 3:30 in the morning to see what the Easter Bunny brought and excitedly came into our room to show us. Now he has never done this before, not even for Christmas. Don't know why he did this for the Easter Bunny..lol. I had to get him back in bed and explain that there was lots of sleep time left. Didn't go over to well, he tried sneaking out 45 minutes later, than a half hour after that he came in our room to sleep on the floor and then our sweet Bailey woke up at 6:45. Needless to say, I never truly got back to sleep after 3:30. I got up with the kids and went to see what they got from the Easter Bunny. They were both very excited! Caleb got lots of things from How to Train a Dragon and Bailey got a mix of DVDS, books, jewelry, etc. The Easter did not bring much candy this year and it was nice :) We also woke up to about 3 inches of snow on the ground. Didn't feel to springy but it was kinda nice with it being conference weekend. Made staying in jammies and snuggling during conference more fun. I made some Sticky Rolls, which is a conference tradition and some bacon. We enjoyed the morning session and the kids did really good. After the morning session I made dessert for later that night and then we had our Easter egg hunt inside. The kids didn't mind the were just excited to look for their eggs. We enjoyed another great afternoon session of conference. It was really nice having conference fall on Easter and to be reminded and to really focus on our Saviour. We headed up to my sister's house for dinner. It was delicious! Everything was so good. We did lots of visiting, checking out the opener of the Yankee/Red Sox game, and celebrated Josh, Josie and Stephanie's birthdays. I think we were all too stuffed to truly enjoy dessert. The cousins all had so much fun playing together as always. Jamie was having Josh come back down and sleepover and offered to take Caleb as well but he fell asleep on the way home. He spent the whole day on Monday though over at Colby and Jamie's playing with his cousins. He had so much fun!!! We had a wonderful Easter this year!! We are so thankful for this gospel and for the atonement and for the opportunity to have listened to the words and testimonies of our prophet and apostles during this Easter weekend.













Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cute Cute. What fun baskets they got! I cant believe Caleb was so determined to get up so early, he must have been excited!! Thats crazy! Hope you were able to get a nap in. :)
Post a Comment