Today was a big day for Caleb, his first day of preschool. He has been anxiously awaiting this time for a couple weeks now. He was so excited last night to put out his new clothes and get his "pacpac" ready after coming home from a special dinner out. He was so excited in fact that the second, and I mean second he woke up he put on his clothes and was ready to go. We got a special little card for him and I made him some green dinosaur pancakes (well I tried anyway). He didn't eat a whole lot. I think he was a little anxious but extremely excited at the same time. He got his new shoes on and his "Ankee pacpac", we took a few pictures and we were off. He was not very hesitant at all. Once he walked in, he paused for a brief second then went right over to hang up his bag then proceeded to sit down and start coloring. I gave him a hug and a kiss and I was off. It was so cute to look back and see him sitting there and realize how quickly he is growing up and how excited I am for him to continue to grow and learn. I know he is going to learn so much from Miss Morgan and have so much fun! I am looking forward to hearing all about his days at preschool on our trips home. Bailey wasn't so sure about leaving brother behind, and was SO excited when I told her it was time to go get brother. Caleb had a huge smile when I went to pick him up and told me he could not wait to go back. I heard about his first day; how they read a story about Jack trying to take a snake home for a pet, they played games, they got to play with dinosaurs and dress ups, they put their pictures on popsicle sticks and put them in their slots on the wall, he made new friends, played outside, made hand prints and got cupcakes (as described by Caleb in a nutshell). To celebrate we stopped at "Old McDonald's" aka McDonald's for Happy Meals. Caleb couldn't wait to call Grandma and Grandpa and tell them about his very fun day! Congrats Caleb and hears to a wonderful year of preschool. We love you!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You are just too grown-up, Caleb! Pretty darn handsome, too. I am so glad you enjoyed your first day of preschool---it looked awesome. Oh Erica, I remember when it was Maddie going for the first time. I can hardly believe Josie is the fourth one that I've sent. She is loving her preschool time this year, also. I get such a kick out of how the backpacks are almost as big as they are at this age! That was a cute cupcake message.
he looks so handsome in his new clothes. look at that smile. glad to hear he enjoyed preschool.
Glad he had a great time at his first day of Preschool. Cant wait to get Mikey enrolled!
He is so cute. I remember him only 4 months old. Can't believe he is so old. Congrats Caleb.
OMGosh he is so big now. He is a handsome kid.
Love the pictures! Especially the one of the backpack, and... I *think* that's Caleb behind it there :) Sound like he's having a blast! That's so great.
Post a Comment